Spring Cleanup Event 2024

How do I register to vote?

Fill out the Mississippi Voter Registration Application as indicated. This form can be mailed to the Pike County Circuit Clerks office or presented in person. The form must be received 30 days before the election in which you want to vote. If you are qualified and the information on your form is complete, you will be mailed a voter card that tells you where to vote.

Mail completed form to:
Pike County Circuit Clerk
P.O. Drawer 31
Magnolia, MS 39652

Submit form in person:
Pike County Circuit Clerk
200 East Bay Street
Magnolia, MS 39652

If you have additional questions please call the Circuit Clerks Office at (601) 783-2581.

What are recording costs and research fees for the Chancery Clerk’s Office?

Recording fees (attach list – Scan and remove right column)

Copy Fees – $0.25 per page if you make them and $0.50 per page if office personnel make them.

Foreclosure posting fee $10.00

Estate search fee $10.00

Research Fee (tax sale information, etc.) $25.00 plus copies

Our office cannot recommend attorneys to anyone, answer any legal questions or give legal advice. We also do not do title searches or mineral searches.

How do I change my legal name?

If you are over eighteen (18) years of age, you can contact Access to Justice website for information on how to do that. See attached handout.

What do I need to do after I pay off my house mortgage.

After the mortgage company receives the last payment, they will send a cancellation to record in our office. We file the cancellation in our land records, stamp the recorded mortgage “CANCELLED” and return the recorded cancellation to the mortgage company. The mortgage company should then in turn mail the cancellation and the original mortgage document to you signifying payment in full of the mortgage.

Can I pay my delinquent taxes online?

We do not take online payments. You may come into the office and pay in person or call to give us a credit card over the phone. We accept cash, money order, cashier checks and debit/credit cards. We do not accept personal checks for payment of delinquent taxes.