Can I file my own divorce?

Yes, you can. In doing so, you are acting as our own attorney. Office staff and Court personnel cannot assist you in completing these forms or answer any legal questions about what to do next. See attached letter and information regarding filing your divorce.

Do I need a license or permit to open a business?

Yes. If the business is located inside the city limits, a license will be issued by the city. If the business is outside of the city limits and inside the county, the county tax collector will issue your license at the courthouse.

When I sell my car, do I keep the tag?

Yes. You may also be eligible for a credit against future taxes. If the tag has not expired, take the tag and your original receipt to the tax collector for a credit voucher.

Where do I get a car tag?

Car and truck tags are issued by the tax collector at the courthouse. Typically, you have 7 working days from the date of purchase to register your vehicle. Tags are usually valid for a period of one year from the date they are issued.

How do I get a homestead exemption?

You must file a homestead application at the courthouse between January 1st and April 1st to receive the exemption. Bring your car tag number and a copy of your deed with you.