How Do I?

Chancery Clerk's Office

Our office is open from 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday. There is always someone here to help you between those hours.

Yes, you can. In doing so, you are acting as our own attorney. Office staff and Court personnel cannot assist you in completing these forms or answer any legal questions about what to do next. See attached letter and information regarding filing your divorce.

You may get a copy from our website ( or call the office, and we will get it for you. There is a charge of $0.50 per page if we make the copy for you.

Call our office and give us the names of the husband and wife  and the year of divorce. We will make the copy for you. There is a charge of $0.50 per page.

We do not take online payments. You may come into the office and pay in person or call to give us a credit card over the phone. We accept cash, money order, cashier checks and debit/credit cards. We do not accept personal checks for payment of delinquent taxes.

After the mortgage company receives the last payment, they will send a cancellation to record in our office. We file the cancellation in our land records, stamp the recorded mortgage “CANCELLED” and return the recorded cancellation to the mortgage company. The mortgage company should then in turn mail the cancellation and the original mortgage document to you signifying payment in full of the mortgage.

Contact the attorney listed on the foreclosure notice for any questions about the property, the bid price or the address of the property.

You need to get an attorney to file the necessary papers in Chancery Court for you.

If you are over eighteen (18) years of age, you can contact Access to Justice website for information on how to do that. See attached handout.

Recording fees (attach list – Scan and remove right column)

Copy Fees – $0.25 per page if you make them and $0.50 per page if office personnel make them.

Foreclosure posting fee $10.00

Estate search fee $10.00

Research Fee (tax sale information, etc.) $25.00 plus copies

Our office cannot recommend attorneys to anyone, answer any legal questions or give legal advice. We also do not do title searches or mineral searches.