Public Records Request Information

Public Records Request Policy

Information regarding the Mississippi Public Records Act can be found on the Mississippi Ethics Commission’s website.

The Pike County Board of Supervisors adopted a Public Records Request Policy (PDF) in accordance with the Mississippi Public Records Act. Please read the policy in full before submitting a request for public records from Pike County. Upon receipt of the request, a representative of the County will be in touch within 7 business days.

If You Are Seeking Court Records

Judicial records of all types are typically open records, but do not fall under the guidelines of the Mississippi Public Records Act. They are maintained and protected exclusively by the Justice Court Clerk (for justice court cases), the Chancery Clerk (for Chancery Court cases), and the Circuit Court Clerk (for Youth Court, County Court and Circuit Court Cases.) Judicial records must be requested and obtained from the clerks of these courts, not this office.

Circuit Clerk’s Records

All Circuit Clerk’s records including felony records, Civil records, judgment roll, and marriage records can be accessed on the Computers in the Public Inquiry room located on the first floor of the Pike County Courthouse.  Subscriptions are available to view Civil and Felony Records through the Circuit Clerk’s Public Records website.

Justice Court Records

Justice Court records regarding convictions can be found on the Justice Court public records webpage. If the case has not yet been disposed of you must go to the Justice Court Clerk and make a request to see the file.

Police / Arrest Records

Police/Arrest Records must be requested from the law enforcement agency that generated the report. For example, reports by the Pike County Sheriff’s Department should be requested from the Pike County Sheriff’s Office; the same goes for records and reports created by Summit, McComb, Magnolia, Osyka Police Departments.

Tax Records, Solid Waste, Economic Development, and 911 Addressing

These records must be requested from the department that generates the documents. All other requests should be sent to the Pike County Board of Supervisor’s Office using this Printable Request Form (PDF). Send to this address:

Pike County Board of Supervisors
PO Box 431 Magnolia, MS 39652